Tuesday 31 January 2012

"I Wonder" Statements

I'm going to be trying a new approach to reader response this week, and it's in the form of "I Wonder" responses. The point of them is to ask questions about what might happen in the book, and then attempt to read ahead and find answers. It's good for focusing my reading purpose. Here's some "I Wonder" statements about Jeanne DuPrau's People of Sparks:

  • I wonder whether or not Lina finds her city that she drew so often in Ember. 
  • I wonder if the people of Ember will learn to farm properly so that they won't starve.
  • I wonder if Doon will learn all about engines and make the trucks become more than just wagons. 
  • I wonder if Torren will do something that will make more people mad at the people of Ember. 
  • I wonder if the people of Ember are going to live through the winter.
I'd like all of us to do at least 4 statements, and then go start finding answers. I'll post back in another few days and let you know if I've found any.

No comments:

Post a Comment