Sunday 25 December 2011

Mr. R in Paris!

Well, we landed in London, and Heathrow Airport is really, really big. We had to take a bus from where we arrived to another terminal, and that took at least ten minutes going down tiny roads and through tunnels. Then we ate at a weird English restaurant called Giraffe. The food was ok. I had sausages, eggs, some weird tomato beans and fries. Then we took turns napping and got on our plane to Paris. Once we arrived, we got our bags and then had to walk all the way across the airport to the train station. At the train station, we got on a train, went a few stops and then the train broke down! We had to get off, and wait for a train that wasn't full to come before we could resume our trip into the city (It only took about ten more minutes). Once we found our stop, we got lost inside Chateau Les Halles, Paris's biggest subway station. It was very busy on Christmas Eve. We had to call our contact in Paris to help us find our exit. Once we got out, we found our apartment, and went to sleep. The next day, we got up on Christmas and walked around to see what was close to us. We found a supermarket (which is more like a corner store in Canada), the Louvre (the biggest museum in the world), and the Notre Dame cathedral. We ate at a pizza place, and then walked home. I was very glad to have my iPad as it let me watch the NBA games, and my Knicks won. I'll post some more pictures later this week. I hope everyone is having a good winter break!

1 comment:

  1. I KNOW! WHEN I WENT TO ENGLAND WE GOT LOST!

    ReplyDelete